Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Journal Entry: March 11th, 2015

"The closer people are to the truth, the more tolerant they are of the mistakes of others." -Leo Tolstoy

When I first read this quote, I disagreed. I thought about if my boyfriend told me he cheated or if someone told me they stole my car, I wouldn't automatically be tolerant of their actions.
Then I reread it but capitalized The Truth. It changes the whole quote. The Truth as in "the way and the truth and the life." The closer we are to Jesus "the more tolerant [we] are of the mistakes of others." The more we nourish our faith, whether it be through Bible study, worship, prayer, or service, the closer we get to The Truth. When we become close to Jesus, He inhabits and purifies our hearts. Only through this God-given spirit do we have the potential and ability to graciously and consistently forgive others as He does for us everyday. 
Christ died with all of humanity's sins on His shoulders so that we don't have to. We don't have to take our debt to the grave because it has already been paid in full. When we completely forgive others, we give a glimpse of Christ. When we make this a daily practice in our lives, those glimpses will eventually create a full picture for someone. Because of Jesus' sacrifice, this picture will not only change their life, but change their life eternally.

"Thomas said to Him, 'How can we know the way?' Jesus said,'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to The Father except through me.'" John 14:6

4 comments:

  1. Amen, Anna Claire! Love this post. My favorite so far! I can't wait to share with friends! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just figured out I can reply on here! Thank you so much for your feedback. It means a whole lot more than you'd think :)

      Delete
  2. "Because of Jesus' sacrifice, this picture will not only change their life, but change their life eternally." I love this, and I am so glad it is true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (just figured out I can reply on here) Amen! Thank you for reading, really means the world.

      Delete