Monday, January 26, 2015

Journal: January 8, 2015

At 12:30 in the afternoon, my car reads it is 16 degrees in Huntsville. My nose is numb. My ears are beet red. I could go on and on. Even though it's cold, it's a beautiful day. The sky is this bright, happy blue, encompassing our world. There isn't a cloud in the sky and the sun burns bright, even though it doesn't seem to warm much right now. The truth is, even if the sky was cloud covered and pouring down rain, beyond that the sun would still burn bright. Though my skin is cold and numb and unpleasant in this moment, a beautiful world surrounds me.
When adversity strikes and it feels like nothing beautiful can be found in it, remember there is something beautiful beyond it. Momentary adversity goes away with time. The clouds will part again, and again you will witness the Sun burning bright. Even when you can't sense His presence or see Him burning bright, He is always there. Bright and happy, He encompasses our world.
Whenever you need a reminder of what's beyond, look up at the sky and remember God doesn't stop at the horizons of our world, but encompasses it. We are in the palm of His hand.

"I will turn the darkness before them into light, the rough places into level ground. These are the things I do, and I do not forsake them." Isaiah 42:16

1 comment: